Chip Banana Bread (Makes 1 loaf)
Miniature chocolate chips push this banana bread right into the grand
championship category. What a great way to use those last two extra
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini morsels
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Cream butter with sugar until thoroughly blended.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Stir in mashed bananas.
4. Sift together flour, baking power, baking soda and salt.
5. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and stir until flour is
6. Stir in chocolate mini-morsels and walnut or pecans.
7. Spoon batter into well-greased and parchment lined or floured 9x5-inch
loaf pan or two smaller pans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50-60 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire