Muffins (Makes 12)
There is nothing new or fancy about these muffins—Just plain
good wholesome eating. Perk up a menu soon with hot bran muffins straight
from the oven.
1 and 1/2 cups bran bud type cereal
1 cup fat-free, 2% or whole milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, place bran buds and milk. Stir to combine
and let stand 1-2 minutes or until most of the moisture is absorbed.
2. Add egg and vegetable oil. Beat well.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to bran mixture,
stirring only until flour disappears.
4. Fill greased or paper lined muffin pans 3/4 full of batter.
5. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 25 minutes or until muffins
are golden brown.
6. Remove muffins from pans to cool on wire racks.