Blueberry Oatmeal Bread (Makes 1 loaf)
If you’d like a change of pace from the usual blueberry bread
recipe, try this moist oatmeal variation. It’s a delicious snack
when served with chunks of cheese and fresh fruit. This loaf slices
best if allowed to “mellow” overnight before cutting.
2 cups flour
1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder,
baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
2. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles
3. In small mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and corn syrup.
4. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into well-greased and floured or parchment-lined 9x5x3-inch
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until
a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool loaf in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely
on a wire rack.