Blueberry Cake Muffins (Makes 18)
Many Michigan Blueberry Muffin lovers are partial to the tender cake-like texture of these muffins. Tuck extra muffins in the freezer for a special treat some “blue day”.
1/2cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Stir just until smooth.
4. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Fill paper lined or greased muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
6. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.